Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Post BlackOut-Black Lives Matter-COVID19 and Other Traumatic Experience

HELLO!

Yep, it's been a while since we've had a blog post. And, there's a reason for that.

With everything going on in the country: the unfortunate, traumatic, unnecessary death of George Floyd, COVID-19, and president bent on dividing this country, a break from life was needed.

Now, I won't say I've spent that last few weeks in a stupor, but--with senses dulled is more accurate.

Sure, we've been trying to find ways to lift our spirits. Sunni's been active in her garden, growing corn, pumpkins, beets, and lots of wonderful and nutritious delights.

I've been trying to not go insane. I had partially taken to bed unless I needed to leave the house. It wasn't pretty. But it's how I maintained my sanity, and that's just what it is.

But we still recorded episodes--our latest being the blackout episode to stand in solidarity with the protests of the death of George Floyd, an unarmed black man whose life was literally crushed out of him by three policemen and one who stood idly by.

I wrote a poem about what he might've been thinking in his last moments. And, one day, when it's not so bitter in my heart, I'll read it aloud. But at this point I can't do it without crying, so...

For now, let's just keep it positive.

We've got some goodies to share with y'all in upcoming episodes. And by goodies, no, I don't mean free shit.

But some garbage people doing garbage people deeds. Such as an auto manufacturer that lied to the government to make a buck. We're working on some stuff for you guys. Our listeners.

Don't worry. Once the mental health is back to optimal functionality, the blog will be an entertaining addition to the podcast episodes.

But, for now, thank you for sticking around with us. It's been a GD rollercoaster.

Much love, and until next week,

Don't Get Scammed.

💓💓

No comments:

Post a Comment